The idea of your pet being infested with parasites is a disturbing thought, but it's also a medical issue that can have serious consequences if not properly dealt with or prevented. Parasites pose a variety of health issues for our pets, who can be very susceptible to certain parasites depending on age, region, and other factors.
At Allegheny Veterinary Hospital, we emphasize the importance of preventing parasites. Through preventative measures, you can successfully protect your pet. But pets that are not protected often develop parasites, leading to serious problems for them and their owners.
The cost of prevention is minimal compared to the cost of treatment, which can be expensive and stressful on your pet. Parasites like heartworm can even be fatal, so preventing parasites is of the utmost importance.
We offer the following prescription products:
- Flea and tick products for dogs:
- Frontline monthly spot-on product by Merial
- Vectra monthly spot-on by Ceva,
- Nexgard monthly chewable by Merial
- Flea and tick products for cats:
- Frontline monthly spot-on by Merial
- Advantage monthly spot-on by Bayer
- Iverhart Max for heartworm prevention and treatment of roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms
- Prescription canine and feline diets by Hills and Iams